Saturday, August 1, 2009

I Really Freaking Like...


This post is inspired by some homemade french fries that I made tonight which made my mouth do a happy dance.

I thought pick a few things which I really really like...

Starting with:

I really like my family. There are so many times when we are hanging out and laughing where I almost go into a third person mode and think to myself, "wow... I have the coolest family in the world". It's still really weird to say "family" and associate it with my wife, my child, and myself - instead of thinking of "family" with me as a child. (I have so many more things to write on this subject, but now is not the time.)

I really like Fresh Prince of Bel-Aire. To this day I'll still flip it on and laugh my butt off. There is just something about a young Will Smith cracking off the one liners within the confines of a campy sitcom.

I really like complex nerdy problems which revolve around networking issues or programming and then solving them and throwing my hands high up into the air and yelping "I'm a Genius!". Although, sometimes I get really crabby when the problem draws itself out.

I really like music. All kinds of music. I'll try anything and am of the belief that you can find a music for every situation. This leads me to also loving to create music (though it's been a real dry spell lately). Music invigorates me, drives me, and LOVES to get stuck in my head.

I really like hanging out on porches with friends and doing nothing but talking. This is often times made better with a beer or with tea. I'm really simple when it comes to entertainment and conversation and friends is complete rapture for me.



I really like bumpits. ....
Yeah - ok, that's a lie. I'm sure I'd have this indescribable feeling to rip it out of someones hair if I ever came across one.

I really like Red Robin's Bacon Avocado burger. Isabella and I have discovered our new Red Robin and have come to realize that the food there is way better and the prices way cheaper then the Applebees where we used to go. Ever since ordering the bacon Avocado burger I just can't bring myself to order anything else.

I really like fried food. I know it's not good for you and it would make any health conscious person cringe, but the taste... it's sooooo goood.



Top 3 Things You Really Like.
Ready.
Go.



4 comments:

Eternal Lizdom said...

Gotta share- when Teagan was an infant, the theme song from Fresh Prince was often one of the few things that would settle her down. Seriously. Thankfully, I still know every word. Seriously.

3 things I really like?

Dark chocolate. The darker, the better.

Wine. Again- the darker, the better.

Professional massages. I've only had a professional maasage a couple of time... but lately my body memory craves the experience.

Melisa Wells said...

ha: I read Eternal Lizdom's comment and had to laugh, because the first thing I was going to type was how my older son, when he was around 1 or 1 1/2, used to stop EVERYTHING when the Fresh Prince came on. He LOVED the theme song and would sometimes cry when it was over!

We LOVELOVELOVE Red Robin. That onion tower? Lethal, but SOOOOO GOOD.

3 things I really like?
My family
Time alone (haha, those don't match, do they?)
A clean house

PJ Mullen said...

Quickly? OK...

My family
Pancakes on a lazy Sunday morning
Balancing the checkbook

Otter Thomas said...

Family, Family, and Family. Of course right now I am away from them so this might skew my answers. I also really like food and sports.